jueves, 12 de junio de 2014

Michel foucault

In the psychology exist very much there are many people who have contributed to this area, but Foucault is very special for me. He was a historian of ideas, psychologist, social theorist and French philosopher, Foucault was born in the 15 of October in 1926 and dead in the 25 of June in 1984. He was professor in several French universities and Professor of American History and Systems of Thought at the College of France (1970-1984) and his work has influenced in important figures of the social sciences and humanities. Foucault is very famous for his critical studies about the social institutions, in special psychiatry, medicine, the human sciences and the prison system. Also for his work about of the human sexuality, analysis of power and relationship between power, knowledge and discourse have been widely debated. I liked this author because is very important in the critical of the psychiatry and, He propose original reviews and his books are very special for me, thanks to him I met the vanishing points, and disciplinary and sovereign power.

4 comentarios:

  1. Oh, Foucault is one of the best discoveries that I have done in my life. I enjoy a lot his books, specially the History of Sexuality. I'm kind of in love with him hahahahaha

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I dislike the studies of Foucault but, I should to admit that he is a person that contributed quite to psychology and philosophy.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I remember when we have to read " Psychiatric power" in Psychology of Personality and it was interesting. I would like to read more about Foucault

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I love Foucault <3 u.u I would read more about Foucault in the future

    ResponderEliminar